The Random Comic Strip

The Random Comic Strip

Words to live by...

"How beautiful it is to do nothing, and to rest afterward."

[Spanish Proverb]

Ius luxuriae publice datum est

(The right to looseness has been officially given)

"Everyone carries a part of society on his shoulders," wrote Ludwig von Mises, "no one is relieved of his share of responsibility by others. And no one can find a safe way for himself if society is sweeping towards destruction. Therefore everyone, in his own interest, must thrust himself vigorously into the intellectual battle."

Apparently, the crossword puzzle that disappeared from the blog, came back.


Friday, April 8, 2016

It's The Masters


I still love golf even though I'm not playing until I find and correct whatever is wrong with me. A doctor's appointment with an ENT (Otolaryngologist) might point me in the right direction. One never knows.

As I write, Jordan Spieth held the lead on the first day at 6-under. This guy is amazing to watch, all the pros are. It's amazing what they can do. I could never approach their mastery of the game. I resigned myself to being a duffer long ago. A duffer is someone who plays golf with luck sometimes, hitting the right shot only occasionally. Yet we play on, mostly pretending we know what we are doing. We're the people who keep the golf equipment manufacturers in business. We buy clubs in the hopes of hitting them farther and better than we can on most days and, of course, we fail.

1 comment:

Tom at Sightings said...

Ah, but there's a special place in heaven for duffers (or so it says in my religion).