The Random Comic Strip

The Random Comic Strip

Words to live by...

"How beautiful it is to do nothing, and to rest afterward."

[Spanish Proverb]

Ius luxuriae publice datum est

(The right to looseness has been officially given)

"Everyone carries a part of society on his shoulders," wrote Ludwig von Mises, "no one is relieved of his share of responsibility by others. And no one can find a safe way for himself if society is sweeping towards destruction. Therefore everyone, in his own interest, must thrust himself vigorously into the intellectual battle."

Apparently, the crossword puzzle that disappeared from the blog, came back.


Friday, October 2, 2015

I Am Disgusted


I wanted you to know that I flushed my water heater. It didn't go as smoothly as I pictured, of course, because there are always snags. And I may have panicked a bit soon when the water flow from the tank was poor to non-existent and called a plumber. It just seems that plumbers make more per hour than lawyers but it isn't true.

Anyway, the plumber showed me the error of my ways and helped me immensely. And then he left... after he presented me with his bill. It turns out that I instinctively did the right thing when I turned on the inflow water  to force the water through the tank after getting a weak stream from the tank's drain. I just didn't wait long enough or bang on the drain valve gently to clear it from time to time.

And I thought the pilot light would stay on throughout the procedure but that wasn't so.

But what I am disgusted with is that Obama went into his predictable anti-gun rant in the wake of the shooting at that community college in Oregon. In his rant, he claimed that cities and states with strict gun laws had lower gun violence but that isn't true.

No comments: